A few suggestions?

Mark Goldfinch goldie@paradise.net.nz
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 06:54:44 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi there,

Before I start, I must admit that IMP is very classy indeed.  I've been
tracking the development of IMP for some time now.  I'm trying to advocate
its use over a monolithic POP3-only Perl based webmail package at the
moment.

A few things I've found however:

Bounce while a potentially cool feature, I can imagine now the support
questions, especially seeing that our MTA (qmail) bounces any resent
messages.

Resume appears in the navbar while viewing messages in any folder.  It
would be nice if it was only displayed for messages in the 'drafts' folder
(and not at all for POP3 based retrieval).

While viewing messages instead of having 'Select all' and 'Select none'
javascript functions how about having an 'Invert selection' function?

If I get a bounce from sendmail with message/rfc822 and/or
message/delivery-status attachments these are shown ok inline but if one
tries to view the attachment by itself it is sent out with the
Content-Type of text/html and hence the browser tries to render it
accordingly.

Lastly someone else on the list reported receiving the 'this page contains
both secure and insecure items' error from IE, I also receive this while
serving IMP via https.  Netscape under either Windows or Linux doesn't do
such things, it seems to be a bug in IE (I'm running version 5.5).

I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments on these.

Best Regards,

---
Mark Goldfinch