[imp] Text Attachments & Large Email Problems

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:48:20 -0500

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 04:04:00PM +1100, Mike O'Connor (mike@ecom-express.net) wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've two problem since moving to the last IMP (2.2.x) and Horde. (I
> never used the 1.x.x version of IMP heavily so I'm not sure if this
> problem exists in it)

2.2.what? :-) Also, which versions of PHP and supporting software?

> Problem 1:
>
> Any email which has an attachment which ends in the extension of TXT
> will not display, the web browser just times out.

Hrm, that's not much to go by -- what do you see on the server when
this happens (in your webserver, php, and imap logs)?

> Problem 2:
>
> Sending and receiving large attachments is very hit and miss.
> Displaying the email, (not the attachment) faults most of the time, with
> anything large than about 1Mb

See 'Problem 1', above :-)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services