[imp] logout on any activity

Rick Romero rick@valeoinc.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:11:45 -0600

I don't doubt it works for others. I'm at a loss as to what in my
setup is causing this issue.

Here's my email from Friday:  It's more action taken for problem
resolution, than problem description.  More comments below.

Begin ---------------------------------------------
I'm having a very strange error, that almost appears to be a timeout
problem..   (But I can't find that article again)

I started out with:
Apache 1.3.12
MySQL 3.22.26a
PHP3.0.16
Horde 1.0.11
IMP 2.0.11

I upgraded to allow for PHPWEBLOG to :
Apache 1.3.14
MYSQL 3.22.26a (no change)
PHP4.0.3pl1
Horde 1.2.3
IMP 2.2.3

After seeing that my old IMP didn't work in PHP4, I went to update
it. Results:

Documentation doesn't really cover PHP4, so I winged it.
	It appears not necessary to add extensions to php.ini, they
	appear to be compiled in.  If I add imap.so, I see an error in
	apache's log that it can't find the modules.  MAYBE this is my
	problem, but the symptoms don't show this.

My test.php3 comes out fine, no errors.

I can goto hoard, goto IMP, login and see my INBOX.
At this point, If I do ANYTHING else, I'll be returned to the login
screen.  But it doesn't appear to log me out.
/var/log/messages  excerpt :
Nov  3 07:51:56 www IMP[28052]: Login 207.250.247.76 to
localhost:143 as rick
Nov  3 07:59:28 www IMP[28060]: Login 207.250.247.76 to
localhost:143 as rick
Nov  3 08:08:36 www IMP[28211]: Login 207.250.247.76 to
localhost:143 as rick
Nov  3 08:11:39 www IMP[28230]: Login 207.250.247.76 to
localhost:143 as rick
Nov  3 09:26:44 www IMP[28345]: Login 207.250.247.76 to
localhost:143 as rick
Nov  3 09:31:39 www IMP[28389]: Login 207.250.247.76 to
localhost:143 as rick
Nov  3 09:31:54 www IMP[28386]: Login 207.250.247.76 to
localhost:143 as shelby

If I get kicked out of the new IMP, and try to login from the old IMP,
I'll be 'automatically' connected.  I've never logged out.

I've removed the /usr/local/lib/php directory, and reran make install
to ensure I had no php3 stuff laying around.

I didn't copy any data from my old install, just made sure the info
matched properly.

I've re-configured php.ini-dist as php.ini in /usr/local/lib, with the
correct settings.

I fixed apache/php/prepend.php3 to have an absolute path for
	PHPLIB.

Everything says cool. I can actually do MORE in the old version.  If
I click 'contacts'  I can see my one contact in the old imp, the new
imp immediately closes the window that is opened.

No authentication?  My PHP session is not persistant?
End ---------------------------------------------

I KNOW it's a PHP problem.  I get the same thing with PHP 3.0.16
or 4.0.3pl1. I've run too many different versions of horde/imp, and
got the same logout issue, for it to be a horde/imp problem.  The
only thing I havn't recompiled, reinstalled, or re-copied is the
PHPLIB stuff.  It's been the same one from the 2.2 latest horde
release (.tar.gz), and I'm not comfortable with having to have put a
full path in prepend.php3.  That's the only thing that isn't quite 'right'.

I know I can't be the only person in the world who's had this issue,
though I may be the only one reporting it.  I'm just trying to help all
of us :)

Let me know if you think of anything, or need me to run / rerun
something.

Thanks

Rick