[imp] Problems to install imp 2.2.3 with php 3.0.17 - AGAIN

andrew morgan morgan@orst.edu
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:25:35 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Roberto Samarone Araujo wrote:

> > On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 12:48:45PM -0200, Expert (sama@supridad.com.br)
> wrote:
> > >         I trying to install imp but I'm having some problems ... I saw
> in
> > > imp's home page that I need to apply two patches but , I tried to apply
> them
> > > and some errors accured  ... does anyone could send me these patchs and
> How
> > > can I apply them ??
> >
> > You also need to see the FAQ, which says (paraphrased) "don't use php
> > 3.0.17". :-) Either side of it or the current php4 will work fine.
> >
>             Ok , I tried to install the lastest 4.0 php but , It looked to
> .php files and all files in /horde/imp is in .php3 form , I tried to
> configure my Apache 1.3.14 but it didn't recognize the .php3 files . Does
> anyone could tell me what I need to put in Apache httpd.conf file in order
> to accept .php3 files running php 4 .

Just have the following lines somewhere in your httpd.conf:

    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3

and

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3 index.php
</IfModule>

	Andy