[imp] Imp with multiple faces...

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:54:59 -0500

At 08:25 AM 20/11/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>What's the optimal solution?  I've thought about just different login screens,
>but when they logout, it will direct them back to the main login.

You can set another redirect on logout in the configuration of
IMP.  Perhaps set it to a "/done" url, with a generic message?  You should
also be able to change the logout redirect on login, just redefine it; I've
not tried it but I would think it would be possible.

>What about having multiple installations of IMP running under either different
>paths or different virtual hosts?

I currently have several version runnings, and I've found it easy to do it
just using virtual hosts.   If each of your people have a domain, perhaps
creating webmail.theircompany.com as a domain hosted virtually on one of
your machines, and having a new setup of IMP in each of them.

That does make more work for you, though... I'd thing that a bit of logic
programming would allow you to have a lot in common.