[imp] bindtextdomain()

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:07:39 -0000

Ryan Butler wrote:

> First I have two problems:
>
> 1.  With Imp 2.2.3, redhat 6.2, IMAP 2000, php 3.0.17, apache 1.3.14
> whenever someone tries to compose a message when they hit send, the get
> document contains no data, and apache logs a notice of child process xxx
> died (sig 11)  I've decided to just accept that and use 2.3 instead.

If you look at http://www.horde.org/imp/2.2/supported.php
you will notice that PHP 3.0.17 requires some patches to it before it will
work correctly.  However, I'm not entirely sure if that will solve your
problem.  Try it out, or better still, install PHP4 instead, which works
very reliably these days.

> However, after compiling php4 cvs and installing it, I then get the
> following error.  I do not get this error with earlier versions of php,
> so its probably a php problem, my question is, has anyone else came
> across it and has a quick fix?
>
> *Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: bindtextdomain() in
> *./lib/base.php* on line *41*

2.3 is very much a development tree, and if you want to run it,
you will _have_ to track the dev@lists.horde.org mailing list, and
search the archives for questions before you ask them.  This one has
been answered many times before: you need gettext support compiled
into PHP4 for it to work (--with-gettext).  2.3 is now using
gettext for all its internationalization support.

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "Oi luv moi brick!"
 anil@recoil.org   /       - Father Jack