[imp] user "nobody"

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:58:55 -0500

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 09:00:33AM -0700, Beau Sapach (beau@intellinetinc.com) wrote:

> Ok maybe I'm going about this the wrong way but this is what I've
> tried.  In horde.lib I've tried changing the line:
>
> $mail = popen("$default->path_to_sendmail -i -f$from -- $recipients", 'w');
>
> to:
>
> $mail = popen("/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -fbeau@intellinetinc.com -FBeau -- $recipients", 'w');
>
> and the message still appears to come from "nobody" with a return
> address to "nobody" If I issue this same command at the prompt it
> works fine.  What's going on here?  Is the $from variable working
> the way it's supposed to?

What was *in* it? We can't tell what a variable's being set to on your
machine. Do you mean to be calling 'sendmail' when you were testing
with 'ssmtp'? Is there a mail administrator at your site who might
know about unusual configurations of smarthosts, etc.?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services