[imp] [IMP] Creating folders - limit needed

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:51:33 -0500

Quoting Miroslaw Jaworski <mjaw@ipartners.pl>:

> We made couple hundreds fixes, mostly to IMP; after hard work
> period I'll be able to send more excerpts than this one.

A couple hundred? I'd be interested in seeing a list of these problems, and of
course it would be great if you could contribute fixes to the list...

> 	 - "select" list with subscribed folders in upper left
>            corner doesn't show ( BAD ) - no possibility to
>            choose a folder
>          - ugly looking folder view ( "select"  on the right
>            side ( next to "move | copy " ) takes whole page
>            width, formatting is .......

These both have been resolved in 2.3 by abbreviating long folder names (by
replacing the middle with '...').

>          - ugly looking directories on IMAP server ( something
>            admins dont like )

I really don't think this is something that belongs in IMP - if you really want
a limit, hack it into your IMAP server so that it applies universally to all
clients, and don't give your users shell access - and the above reason isn't
enough by itself to sway me. Also, I think it's a pretty poor generalization to
say that admins are annoyed by their users' directory names...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues