Problem with shm

James Davis james.davis@jesus.ox.ac.uk
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:10:01 +0000 (GMT)

Hello all,

I'm running RH7, horde 1.2.3 and imp 2.2.3 and I have a small problem
concerning this error message:

Warning not enough shared memory left in ct_shm.inc on line 54

This message appears after about 8 hours from booting.  IMP kind of
tries to carry on working, you can log in, but as soon and you click on
anything it logs you out again.

I have tryed several things to try and resolve this including increasing
the $shm_size in local.inc file.  But the only thing that seems to work is
rebooting the system.

Is there anyway to make the Shared Memory stuff sort it's self out, with
out having to press Ctrl-alt-del twice a day?

Thanks in advance,
James Davis
Computing Officer
Jesus College, Oxford