[imp] PHP_SELF and Logging errors.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:51:07 -0500

Quoting "C. R. Oldham" <cro@nca.asu.edu>:

> Well, being a glutton for punishment, I'm trying to get PHP4 and IMP
> working under AOLServer again.  The SAPI for AOLServer does not set
> $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'], and I can't find a reference to it in
> the apache SAPI module, but in other modules it seems to be set the same
> way PHP_SELF is set; usually from the URI.
>
> I tried doing this in the AOLserver SAPI but it doesn't seem to be
> working.  What's the difference between SCRIPT_NAME and PHP_SELF anyway?

PHP_SELF includes PATH_INFO; SCRIPT_NAME does not. Does AOLServer set any of
the other path variables? If worst comes to worst, we can figure out a solution
that doesn't use SCRIPT_NAME.

> Secondly, I'm getting some sort of error when I send a composed
> message--I see the error in the window but the window disappears too
> quickly for me to read it.  Sorry if this is a PHP-specific request, but
> is there some way to log those errors somewhere else so I can see them
> as they appear?  Thanks.

Just comment out the window.close() javascript in the SEND_MESSAGE case so that
you can examine the results at your leisure.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues