[imp] imp 2.3.x vs TWIG

rob@myinternetplace.net rob@myinternetplace.net
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:37:49 -0700 (MST)

Quoting Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org>:

> On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 06:19:28PM -0700, rob@myinternetplace.net
> (rob@myinternetplace.net) wrote:
> >
> > I hate to keep bringing uphotmail as the paradigm of "the way to
> > be",
>
> *I'd* be more than happy for IMP to be their fast second. Many of
> the things users want they want because the alternative works the
> same way, and I doubt we at Concordia are the only site offering
> webmail to keep local users local. :-)
>
> > In hotmail, one logs in to the hotmail service.  In the hotmail
> > preferences, you set up other servers/passwords to go get email from.
>
> POP or IMAP?

I believe that their only option is POP.  I highly suggest the
practice of using the competition's software for ideas.  Go set up a
hotmail account.  Go use hushmail.  Use TWIG, phpGroupWare.  Look at
what 'the other guys' are putting in for features.

Realize that there are a ton of people out there who just download
each of n apps, try them out, and make a decision as to which one they
will use.  Being able to be all things to all people would be a noble
goal.

rob

This mail sent through IMP: http://www.myinternetplace.net