[imp] mcrypt

Ken Price kprice@agentware.net
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:14:55 -0500

No, you must recompile regardless..  Here's how using RPMS.

Download the PHP source (php-4.0.4pl1-5.src.rpm) and install it via "rpm
-Uvh xxxxxxx" - the "U" is important.

cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
edit the "php.spec" file ... it will look very much like a typical config
file - you'll see where to add/remove the compile options.
save the file
type "rpm -bb php.spec" to build the RPM packages.  Like any "make" script,
the spec file will check for dependancies and such.  You're on your own
troubleshooting any errors that may arise during the PHP RPM
rebuild/recompile, but hit the "RPM" howto's out there for more info.
Once successfully, your RPMS will be sitting nice 'n' pretty in
"/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/" - install like normal.

I know it was a little vague, but hope this helps.

Ken Price
AgentWare, Inc.
www.agentware.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Seelenbacher [mailto:mark@robesoncounty.org]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 4:32 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] mcrypt

Ok, does anyone know of a way to enable mcrypt support for PHP without
recompiling the whole thing?  I've got php4.0.4 installed via rpm and by
default it does not support mcrypt (i don't know of a way to enable mcrypt
support through rpm).   So I suppose I'm the only one left that still has
the redirect.php problem ;).  Is it possible to do this or will I be stuck
trying to redo php from scratch?

Mark

> Ok, does anyone know of a way to enable mcrypt support for PHP without
> recompiling the whole thing?  I've got php4.0.4 installed via rpm and by
> default it does not support mcrypt (i don't know of a way to enable mcrypt
> support through rpm).   So I suppose I'm the only one left that still has
> the redirect.php problem ;).  Is it possible to do this or will I be stuck
> trying to redo php from scratch?

If you simply don't have mcrypt support, then IMP should be falling back on to
the PEAR Crypt/HCEMD5 class and working fine - so if you really don't have any
version of mcrypt, and have PEAR set up correctly, you have a different problem
and need to give us more details.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me