[imp] Installing PHP questions are offtopic

Christopher Stein stein@eecs.harvard.edu
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:49:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> We're getting a lot of questions on this list related to configuring,
> building and installing PHP.  I think it's worth mentioning again that
> those are really offtopic for this list.

I don't agree.

Installing this package in a non-RPM way is a painful
process. My suggestion would be that we err on the side
of a liberal interpretation of the lists mandate.

The few people in the world that have successfully
installed this package can sit around and speculate
about ways to reduce load -OR- the community can grow
and help one another get this thing working.

>I realize that PHP is a hurdle
> to getting Horde/IMP installed, and I don't mind much personally, but many
> people subscribed to the Horde lists are not interested in seeing all the
> PHP traffic.

Let these people speak for themselves. I for one am
very interested in PHP/IMP configuration issues.

Thank you Mr. Hagenbuch for pointing out that I was
chasing down a blind alley.

My phpinfo() says everything is working, so does test.php3
(check out orvieto.eecs.harvard.edu/horde/test.php3), but
still my imapd server receives '^A' in place of the login
name. I'm baffled. I've read all the docs. Has anyone out
there been able to get this package working on FreeBSD?
I'd love to talk to you.

Chris Stein