[imp] Installing PHP questions are offtopic

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:22:02 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Christopher Stein <stein@eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:

> My suggestion would be that we err on the side of a liberal
> interpretation of the lists mandate.

Well, to clarify:  I'm not suggesting that we need a strict
interpretation.  It is a grey area.  I'm suggesting that people consider
the "appropriate forum" philosophy and err on the side of the PHP lists
when their questions have more to do with PHP than with Horde/IMP.

> > but many people subscribed to the Horde lists are not interested
> > in seeing all the PHP traffic.
>
> Let these people speak for themselves.

They have (see the archives), and they will (which is why I posted here,
rather than write people individually).  That's a good thing.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>