[imp] RedHat 7 RPMS

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:56:50 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Nick Silberstein <nick@darktwin.net> wrote:

> Anyway, I was hoping that perhaps RPMs could be made for the new
> dev versions of Horde/IMP -- I'm quite impressed with what I've seen
> on the demo server, and would love to be able to try it out as
> easily as I was able to install IMP 2.2.

I've been trying to decide when it makes the most sense to introduce RPMs
to the 2.3 line.  On the one hand, they would be simpler (no PHPLIB!) than
the current ones, so they should be easier to make; as you say, it's an
easy way for a quick test of the new Horde/IMP.  On the other hand, not
only are Horde/IMP themselves in flux, but the 2.3 branch is making use of
PHP/PEAR features/bug fixes that are very current; Red Hat's PHP RPMs are
still in flux; etc.  It has just seemed like a very dynamic environment to
try to keep RPMs updated in.

> Thanks again -- I was able to get IMP up and running in about 15
> minutes, including reading the docs and running the setup.php3
> routine.

Well, wonderful... that's the goal.  :-)  Glad they were helpful.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>