[imp] RedHat 7 RPMS

Tom Diehl tdiehl@pil.net
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:07:42 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Nick Silberstein <nick@darktwin.net> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I was hoping that perhaps RPMs could be made for the new
> > dev versions of Horde/IMP -- I'm quite impressed with what I've seen
> > on the demo server, and would love to be able to try it out as
> > easily as I was able to install IMP 2.2.
>
> I've been trying to decide when it makes the most sense to introduce RPMs
> to the 2.3 line.  On the one hand, they would be simpler (no PHPLIB!) than
> the current ones, so they should be easier to make; as you say, it's an
> easy way for a quick test of the new Horde/IMP.  On the other hand, not
> only are Horde/IMP themselves in flux, but the 2.3 branch is making use of
> PHP/PEAR features/bug fixes that are very current; Red Hat's PHP RPMs are
> still in flux; etc.  It has just seemed like a very dynamic environment to
> try to keep RPMs updated in.

Why not just put a spec file in the tarball? That way people would have
a template to start from so they could build their own rpms. The spec file
is most of the work.

--
......Tom	ATA100 is another testimony to the fact that pigs can be
tdiehl@pil.net	made to fly given sufficient thrust (to borrow an RFC)