[imp] RedHat 7 RPMS

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:52:19 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Tom Diehl <tdiehl@pil.net> wrote:

> Why not just put a spec file in the tarball?

The SPEC is in CVS (in the 2.2 branch).  I deliberately pulled the SPECs
out of the tarballs some time ago; because of the nature of the build
process (chicken-and-egg problem), if it goes in the tarball, it's always
out of date.  CVS (and Chora) availability should suffice.

> That way people would have a template to start from so they could
> build their own rpms. The spec file is most of the work.

People are certainly welcome to do this, and I'd be happy to take patches
etc.  :-)  But again, they should realize this will be a lot of work to
keep current.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>