Horde/ imp installation error

Edward Cheadle eccheadle@uswest.net
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:22:31 -0700

Redhat 6.2
horde  1.2.4
imp  2.2.4
php 4.0.4pl1
Apache 1.3.14

I installed horde/imp and it kind of works.  I see a screen with the =
horde logo and three links: FAQ, Problem? and IMP.   I get the following =
error messages when I point my browser to http://my.machine.com/horde

    Warning: Undefined variable: sid in /home/httpd/php/session.inc on =
line 396

    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by =
(output started
     at /home/httpd/php/session.inc:396) in /home/httpd/php/session.inc =
on line 120

    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by =
(output started
     at /home/httpd/php/session.inc:396) in /home/httpd/php/session.inc =
on line 404

If I select the Problem? link and relselect the imp link, the logon =
screen appears.  I checked the FAQs and tried a couple of  suggestions =
and I am now lost as to what to try next.

I tried running the test.php3 to see if it could help shed some light on =
the problem.  But all I get is the following error message:

Warning: Failed opening '/home/httpd/horde/test.php3' for inclusion =
(include_path=3D'/home/httpd/php:/home/httpd/horde:.') in Unknown on =
line 0

PHP is working. The php test showing the  info screen works and the =
email client works find until I logout, then I get the same three error =
messages where the menu items are found. =20

I tired to carefully follow the instructions a couple of times, but I =
get exactly the same results.=20

I am new to PHP and horde sw, so I have to figure I am doing some sort =
of rookie mistake.=20

Any ideas about what I have missed??  Also is this the right mail list =
for this kind of questions? =20

Neat software, but it is a little confusing to a newcomer.  =20