[imp] 'Purge deleted' undeletes in IMP CVS?

Steve Langasek vorlon@netexpress.net
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:58:04 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> Sorry I don't have anything to add on the problem you submitted, but a
> side note:

> > Apache 1.3.11 w/ mod_ssl
> > c-client 4.1 (rpm package version: imap-4.5-4)

> Both of these have security vulnerabilities; I recommend you upgrade to
> >=1.3.14 and >=4.7c2 as soon as you can.  If I recall correctly, UW-IMAP
> 4.5 also has some problems with message flags that can cause your counts
> (new messages, recent messages) not to work?  But the IMAP hole is
> especially important to patch because there are tons of automated cracking
> tools out there that are still trying to exploit that one.

I don't particularly trust any version of the UW imap code so far as I can
throw it, so our IMAP server is thoroughly firewalled in any case.  But since
this c-client also seems to have plenty of problems that keep it from working
right besides, I'll go ahead and upgrade.  Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer