[imp] mailbox prefix problem

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 06:18:39 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com> wrote:

> I recompiled so that it used the mail subdirectory of the users home
> directory.

Most people use the mail prefix for this; here we use "mail/" as that
prefix in all mail clients (including IMP).  (If you do it that way,
.mailboxlist stays at the top of the home directory.)

> Imap by itself with netscape/outlook as a client
> works fine.  However, when I login via imp I can no longer see the
> folders.

You're sure the mail prefix matches between IMP and your other IMAP
client?  If you've recompiled UW-IMAP then I suppose the mail prefix
should be blank in all cases... but it depends on what you did.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>