[imp] Strange mail sending problem (it's not) (fwd)

Shon Sherwood electron@idiom.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:55:31 -0800 (PST)

I assume by the lack of response that nobody has a clue why this is
happening. I'm a little disappointed in how hard it is to debug anything
that goes wrong within imp/horde, but one would think that the people who
wrote it would have some idea of the logical progression of events and
what might fail.

Oh well, maybe I can find another webmail interface to run.

-Shon

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:10:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Shon Sherwood <electron@idiom.com>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Strange mail sending problem (it's not)

More notes on the problem:

Doing anything from compose.php3 aside from spellchecking results in a
return to a blank compose.php3 page with only the from address filled
in. Spell checking returns no errors, even when I make an intentional
mispelling, but it doesn't result in a return to a blank form.

Also, I added some code to mailfrom() in horde.lib to check the result of
$result in order to see if sendmail was being called. Didn't seem to be
the case. Then I forced mailfrom() to return 1, which also had no result,
making me think that mailfrom() never actually got called.

Again, any ideas?

-Shon