[imp] SMTP vs. Sendmail

Oliver Schulze L. oliver@samera.com.py
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:56:04 -0400

Ok, in the previous email wasn't the answer, sorry.

Here is it:
ssmtp is now working with IMP 2.2.4
You have to configure the path for 'ssmtp -t' in
/home/imp/config/defaults.php3 instead of
the path of sendmail

Then edit the ssmtp.conf file and set:
mailhub=your.smtp.server
hostname=your.imp.hostname
FromLineOverride=YES

It make an smtp conection to your mail server for every outgoing email,
just what I need.
Also I noted that IMP execute sendmail like this:
sendmail -fyour@email.com <message in stdin>
the option -t in ssmtp make this work.

I have this working if you need help.

Regards