[imp] User Reply Addresses

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:39:12 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Hunter Pine <hunter@compuhelp.com> wrote:

> I'm running a mail server on RH6.2 with IMP 2.2.0-pre13

First off you should upgrade to 2.2.4 if it's at all possible; there are
security vulnerabilities in your version that have since been fixed, along
with a large number of smaller bugs and issues.

> We add our email users with a shell script to simplify things. Is
> there a way to add their return email info and full name to a user's
> webmail account so it's there the first time they log in?
>
> I'm not very good with php or mysql, so I'm sort of lost on this one.

I think the best way for you to do this is to add a mysql command to your
user creation shell script, which adds a row to the imp_pref table with
the email and full name.  You're going to have to learn a little bit about
MySQL to make this work in your environment, but something like the
following is what you want.  I have not tested this particular command!
It's just an example to get you started.  :-)

echo "INSERT INTO imp_pref (user,fullname,replyto) VALUES
('username@servername','John Doe','john-doe@example.com');" | mysql -h
mysqlserver -u hordemgr -p hordepass horde

The "@servername" part needs to match what you have configured in
imp/config/defaults.php3 for $default->server.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>