[imp] feature request

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:18:18 +0100

> You can check count when you are in folder view and keep the figers in a
session
> variable. It's light no ?

True, but it gets out of date then.  I don't know about you, but I'm getting
mails
pretty much constantly, so session variables for this aren't much use.

> Yes but for those who have laptop with 1280x1024 screen ? :)

All one of you?! ;-)

> The folder view is too large for me and figers are very far from the
folder
> names...

I think the underlying point is that web clients aren't well suited to a
framed view.  If you need that style of working, then a normal client like
Netscape or Outlook is better.  In my mind, webmail should be a simple
way to access mail via a variety of clients (this is what I use IMP for;
when on the road it's awesome).

Also, the amount of javascript needed to keep all the frames uptodate
is pretty intricate.  Looking at 2.3's HTML over 2.2's, I _much_ prefer
the new output.

Anil