[imp] feature request

Yohann Fourteau yohann.fourteau@shom.fr
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:00:12 +0100

Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> True, but it gets out of date then.  I don't know about you, but I'm getting
> mails
> pretty much constantly, so session variables for this aren't much use.

hum, and to check directly the IMAP server ? I know the cost of such an operation,
but think to people who have few users and who want lots of features when they are
with a roaming access.
It seems you want to make a webmail gate for only big internet provider with 10000
people !

> > The folder view is too large for me and figers are very far from the
> folder
> > names...
>
> I think the underlying point is that web clients aren't well suited to a
> framed view.  If you need that style of working, then a normal client like
> Netscape or Outlook is better.  In my mind, webmail should be a simple
> way to access mail via a variety of clients (this is what I use IMP for;
> when on the road it's awesome).

You're right, frame is not good for web clients but web clients are well suited
for all kinds of applications. I'm sure we can replace Netscape messenger with a
web client.

And the solution without frames, only with php but with all in one (folder view,
mail view etc) with tables? It's possible?

--
Yohann F.
Service Hydrographique et Oceanographique de la Marine - Service INF