Really need help please!

Bill Mitcheson turtle@pyramus.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:26:02 -0800

We have been hacking on this preferences problem for a couple of weeks
now and are about to scrap the whole thing and start searching for a new
webmail program. We have posted this problem a number of times and there
has been no one researching this bug or helping us to solve it. This is
a definite bug in IMP.

We have re-downloaded IMP and Horde from the Horde site twice now. After
reinstalling it we still get the same error when updating the
preferences page. MySQL is saving the information as it comes from IMP
but IMP is not reading or using the information that is stored. When you
go to the preferences page it does not show the current preferences
(from the database) and if you try to update it you will get the error:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in
/a/samson/usr/exports/webpages/service/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql on line
229

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at
/a/samson/usr/exports/webpages/service/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql:229) in
/a/samson/usr/exports/webpages/service/horde/imp/templates/doctype.inc
on line 8

           An error occurred; your full name was not updated.

We have tried to reconfigure every possible angle but get the same
result. We are using the following:

Free BSD 4.2-RELEASE
Apache 1.3.14
MySQL 2.23.26-beta
Horde 1.2.4
IMP 2.2.4

We REALLY want to use IMP as our webmail! It is quite frustrating
because we need the preferences section in order for our users to change
their FROM: and signature preferences to their own personal info. We
would appreciate any and all input that BSD or other users have in order
to get us up and running. We are getting burned out on this problem and
hope that help comes soon!

Bill Mitcheson (Network Administrator, Pyramus Online).