[imp] various problems with IMP and Internet Explorer

Mark Nienberg mark@tippingmar.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:41:44 -0700

On 5 Apr 2001, at 15:33, Mike Satake wrote:

> Also, IE does work fine if IMP is accessed over non-SSL connections.  Netscape
> has no problems at all.  Is there any workaround available?

The following line in the ssl virtual host section of httpd.conf solved a
lot of IE connection problems for me.  Without it, I couldn't get the
original IE5 for Windows and the current IE5 for Mac to connect to
IMP at all (although they could connect to other secure sites).

SSLProtocol all -SSLv3

This disables SSLv3 and uses SSLv2 instead.  Unfortunately, this is
an all or nothing change.  You can't make it browser-dependent.

Mark W. Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates
Berkeley, CA