[imp] LInes too long?

Mike Richardson doctor@kira.mcc.ac.uk
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:57:38 +0100

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 10:52:43AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Mike Richardson <doctor@kira.mcc.ac.uk>:
>
> > I was just testing our IMAP servers to see if they handle mails
> > with lines greater than 1024 chars (early NIMS wouldn't deliver the
> > message at all) and was surprised to find that IMP returned 'The
> > document contained no data' when trying to access an account
> > with a mail with such a long line in it.
>
> Just accessing the mailbox, not reading the message?

With IMP it fails when you try to log in as that user. With Swat it fails
when you go to the inbox after logging in. I'd guess its when it tries
to examine the contents of the INBOX that it fails.

> You'll need to read the instructions on how to get a backtrace from php (see
> bugs.php.net), and submit a bug report to php when you see where it's actually
> crashing...

Ok, will do.

Thanks

Mike

Copyright 2001       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL     doctor@mcc.ac.uk    Int: 56009
Left through main doors.         Right then left at end of corridor.
First door on left.   URL http://kira.mcc.ac.uk/  Ext: 0161 275 6009
"If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you!" - Chuck Norris
"If anything happens to my daughter I have a 45 and shovel" Clueless