[imp] Turba tie-in with IMP

Rick Stevens rstevens@vitalstream.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:16:18 -0700

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@vitalstream.com>:
>

>> I can use IMP's "contacts" to get to Turba, and I can add, delete and
>> edit Turba entries, but I can't get back to IMP's "compose" to author
>> a message and using Turba's "Send Message" does nothing.
>

> Sounds like your registry is screwed up somewhere. Are you getting javascript
> errors? How closely does horde/config/registry.php match
> horde/config/registry.php.dist?
>

>> So, my question is, did I do a "very bad thing" and break something
>> or did IMP and Turba never quite get together?  Inquiring minds want
>> to know!
>

> You broke something, or didn't have it configured correctly in the first place.

Doh!  I had an old horde/config/registry.php script.  Replaced it
with the current one and Voila! Turba's "Send Message" works.  I
still don't know how to use Turba from IMP's "Compose" option,
though.

I have one glitch left...my session timeout stuff has a wee problem
with the functions which use Javascript to pop open new windows.

When a timeout occurs, my stuff issues a "header('Location: ...')"
thing pointing at the login.php script with a "?reason=timeout"
option.  This works just fine in all operations EXCEPT "Compose"
and "Contacts" (the ones that pop up a new window).  The code still
works, but if a session has timed out, the logout screen appears
in the new window and leaves the previous window untouched.

Ideally, I'd like the timeout stuff to prevent the new window
opening and do the redirect to the old window.  I've tried wedging
in a different script into the registry.  It works one way, and I
get a Javascript error doing it another way.  I guess I don't grok
the registry mechanism fully yet (PHP/Javascript are NOT my strong
points--I'm a C geek).

Any ideas would be welcome.  When I get this last bit sorted out,
I'll post how the thing works.  You can then either merge it into
the source tree or toss it on the floor.  Your choice.

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc.      rstevens@vitalstream.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                    http://www.vitalstream.com -
-    Reality: A crutch for those who can't handle science fiction.   -