[imp] Apache log file issues with IMP & Horde (fwd)

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:01:21 +0100

> > As a workaround, you should be able to disable it via
> > malloc.conf(3). > track down.
>
> There doesn't seem to be an 'N' option available for malloc
> on my FreeBSD system (according to malloc(3).)  Can
> you let me know what this option does exactly in OpenBSD?

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=malloc.conf

N Do not output warning messages when encountering possible corruption
or bad pointers.

> in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/work/php-4.0.4pl1:
> # find . -print |xargs grep "already free"
> ./ext/mysql/libmysql/safemalloc.c:  /*  (1)
> The memory was already free'ed

Don't think so - this is a BSD libc error message as far as I can tell.

If only there were a way for Apache to drop a core dump somewhere
whenever it segfaults ...

> Anyways, at least I understand it's a PHP bug now.
> I will try searching php-dev and see if I come up with anything...

Yeah it's worth opening a bug report.  I would have last time, but I had
pretty much no information to give.

Anil