[imp] Turba tie-in with IMP

Rick Stevens rstevens@vitalstream.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:17:03 -0700

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@vitalstream.com>:
>

>> So, when calling Turba or Compose from IMP, I want to wedge in a
>> call to this function BEFORE THE NEW WINDOW POPS UP.  If the function
>> returns, go ahead and pop open the window.  Otherwise, I want the
>> window that contained the links to Turba and Compose to change to the
>> logout URL.  As I said, it works fine for everything EXCEPT the
>> javascript-related stuff.
>

> The compose window knows when it's a popup, and can close itself then; the same
> could be added to Turba's search window (although I'm also considering removing
> that link - you can get to it through the Horde bar or Expand Names...). Why
> not do that?

There's an idea!  Doh!  I'll look at it.

>> BTW, the Outlook address book upload stuff is coming along.  I'm
>> aiming it storing the data in PostgreSQL right now, but I'll see what
>> I can conjure up as far as LDAP is concerned.
>

> Why not use Turba's api to add the data?

Actually, I am.  Well, "$driver->addObject($entry)"-type calls.
I hope that's the correct usage.  It's not been tested yet as other
work-type things have taken priority.

As far as LDAP is concerned, I just don't want to violate some OID
somewhere.  Lots of people run their LDAP servers with full schema
checks and I don't want to break them.

Additional info, I'm adding vCard 2.1, PalmPilot and Eudora uploads
too boot.  They will be later than the Outlook stuff...my workload
runneth over.

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc.      rstevens@vitalstream.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                    http://www.vitalstream.com -
-     Never put off 'til tommorrow what you can forget altogether!   -