[imp] Turba tie-in with IMP

James Tavares jtavares@loa.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:36:14 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Stevens" <rstevens@vitalstream.com>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] Turba tie-in with IMP

> Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>
> > Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@vitalstream.com>:
> >

> >> So, when calling Turba or Compose from IMP, I want to wedge in a
> >> call to this function BEFORE THE NEW WINDOW POPS UP.  If the function
> >> returns, go ahead and pop open the window.  Otherwise, I want the
> >> window that contained the links to Turba and Compose to change to the
> >> logout URL.  As I said, it works fine for everything EXCEPT the
> >> javascript-related stuff.
> >

> > The compose window knows when it's a popup, and can close itself then;
the same
> > could be added to Turba's search window (although I'm also considering
removing
> > that link - you can get to it through the Horde bar or Expand Names...).
Why
> > not do that?
>
> There's an idea!  Doh!  I'll look at it.
>
> >> BTW, the Outlook address book upload stuff is coming along.  I'm
> >> aiming it storing the data in PostgreSQL right now, but I'll see what
> >> I can conjure up as far as LDAP is concerned.
> >

> > Why not use Turba's api to add the data?
>
> Actually, I am.  Well, "$driver->addObject($entry)"-type calls.
> I hope that's the correct usage.  It's not been tested yet as other
> work-type things have taken priority.
>
> As far as LDAP is concerned, I just don't want to violate some OID
> somewhere.  Lots of people run their LDAP servers with full schema
> checks and I don't want to break them.

Those people are wasting their life away. Do we distribute schema's for use
on SQL databases? No. We create our own tables.. I see no harm.

I always try to adhere to an existing attribute, but who gives a shit? If
it's my LDAP directory, storying my propiertary information, I'll organize
it any damn way I please. :) I'm not going to adapt some crazy attribute
name ("Gee, well, that's sorta kinda what I'm trying to store....") simply
to save the "expense" of creating another one.

And, if it's "schema _CHECKS_" that people want, install a new schema file
for each application you are administrating. (I.e., when turba settles down
I imagine we'd see a registered OID scheme come out for it-- if it hasn't
already.)

-James