Outlook Address Book and IMP

twarfield@astcorp.com twarfield@astcorp.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 09:33:12 -0500 (CDT)

Okay I love IMP and it works great for me.  Of course I am more of a linux user
then the rest of the company.  As for the majority they like windows and love
there windows Outlook address book, so im curious about a wild idea.  What im
wondering is if there is any way that can be setup using imp so that imp will
read someone's contacts out of maybe we will say a "outlook" address book?

Hrmm..maybe they can export the address book into a different format and then
have IMP read for that user out of a certain file?

Im not sure about how to go about this, but basicaly they want access to there
address books while there on the road.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

(hrmm...maybe i should setup LDAP for this...can you create a personal address
book for a user using ldap?  One that no one but that user can read?  and then
can IMP use that persons LDAP "folder" and they can get there contacts that
way?)