[imp] Incorrect handling of '.' character in IMP 2.3

Ray Jackson Ray.Jackson@cern.ch
Wed, 30 May 2001 11:33:17 +0200

Good.. i'm not alone :)

I just changed my Imp settings to use the local sendmail with the
settings in hore/imp/config/conf.php as:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('/usr/sbin/sendmail -i');

And this works fine.  However, we really need to use smtp as our smtp
server is located on a different machine (along with all spam
filters/tables etc.)  I guess the problem is ONLY with using smtp and
the fact that the transparency procedure outlined in RFC 2821 section
4.5.2. is not being implemented properly by IMP?

Any quick fix out there by some SMTP wizards?