[imp] about the new 2.3.7-cvs IMP.

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:55:26 -0400

Hi,

At 11:18 01-06-13 -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>Quoting Robert Marchand <robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA>:
>
> > 1) We have an LDAP server with UTF8 encoding.  With help from this list,=
> > made a patch for the 2.2.5 version. Where can I do the same for the new
> > version? There would be at least on new parameter (type of encoding)
> for the
> > configuration in sources.php of Turba.
>
>That sounds like the right way to do it. Patch? =)

Sure but where?

> > Where to do the translation?  Seems to have change a lot :-).
>
>Read imp/po/README.

Sorry I was not meaning the language but the 'latin1-UTF8'
translation.  Although I may
have a look :-)!

>Hmm... right now you can't mix sources, though I vaguely remember Jon
>mentioning wanting to implement this? =) You could also include some code=
>auto-populate the mysql table from the LDAP server for you, while keeping=

>those
>two prefs locked.

OK.

>I've just cleaned up some of the server stuff and made it so that any
>entry in
>the $servers array whose key ($server['key']) starts with an underscore=
 ('_')
>will be ignored by the submit_login() function, so you can use them as=
 labels
>and no login attempts will be submitted for them. There's an example in
>config/servers.php.dist.

Thanks, I'll try this.

>You'll be getting an option to put whatever apps you want in the menubar
>soon.
>Can you say _why_ you find Expand Names unituitive?

Well, maybe it's because I don't understand the purpose.  It's good if you
know the name
or part of it, but It doesn't permit a selection from look alike. It's also
because I fear our
users won't bother to check if the returned address is a valid one (aka
SYNTAX...) and
send it write away.