[imp] duplicate active_session entry in my_sql

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:05:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Siddhartha Jain <sid@netmagicsolutions.com> wrote:

> So i ran through mailing lists and search engines

Thank you.  :-)

> and found someone say that
> replacing "insert" with "replace" in phplib/ct_sql.inc does the job. So i
> did so and find everything runs fine. But is proper to do so?

Yes.  This is a PHPLIB race condition with MySQL; replace basically
prevents the race by overwriting the session row instead of trying to
create a new one (which fails if there's one already there.)

http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/trouble/index.php#t4

> I am running the same setup on a Sun box with Mysql 3.22.26a successfully,
> without any problems.

Also true; the race condition depends on a lot of factors, and I have some
boxes here where it happens and others where it doesn't.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN