[imp] re: /horde/lib/Prefs.php

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 14:11:08 -0400

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 05:08:23PM -0700, Bill Neely wrote:

> All I know is that when the ! is present, the following error appears when you
> shoose logout from a loged in session.
>
> Warning: Constant sid already defined
> in /usr/home/horde/public_html/horde/lib/Prefs.php on line 109

Line 109 doesn't contain a constant named 'sid'.  I guess it's
referring to the 'prefs_cache' string.

> Removing the ! remedies the situation. In older versions of the CVS, the code
> was without the !

I don't understand that at all.  If you're getting a redefinition
error, it only makes sense to test for the session variable's
existence _before_ attempt to define it, which is what the
(!session_is_registered('prefs_cache')) test does.

This must be some local peculiarity with your setup because no
one else has reported this error, and preferences appears to be
working universally with the current cvs code.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology