Automatic login IMP form portal

Sergey Kanareykin kanareykin@denison.edu
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:52:01 -0400

Hello all,

I am currently working on a portal (based on uPortal
by JA-SIG) and I want to create a channel that will
log users into IMP automatically. The udea is: their
password is retrieved from SQL or LDAP, so the user
just clicks a button, and IMP opens in a new window.

So, the username and password are POSTed by the
webserver, not the browser, and it's the
webserver that gets the response. So I thought I could
make the webserver set the cookies IMP would have set
otherwise, and then redirect user to mailbox.php.

I could not do this at the first attempt, and now I'm off
to read the source more thoroughly :)

Anyway, has anyone done this sort of thing before? I would
be very grateful for any kind of advice. I am sure there is
a more graceful way of doing this...

Thanks!

Sergey Kanareykin
Web Programmer @ Denison University