[imp] Login problem with IMP 2.3.7 (solved)

Peter Fokkinga peter@eccoo.rug.nl
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:11:59 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting Peter Fokkinga <peter@eccoo.rug.nl>:
> Quoting Devin Atencio <dreamboy@aros.net>:
> > I have an account that won't log into 2.3.7 for some
> > reason. The logs show:
> >
> > Jul 17 11:51:40 IMP [notice] 207.173.16.36 login success for
> > chandee
> > {pioneeroutdoor.com:110}
> > Jul 17 11:51:40 IMP [info] FAILED LOGIN 207.173.16.36 to
> > pioneeroutdoor.com:110[pop3] as chandee
> >
> I'm staring at the same thing right now. Horde & Imp from CVS,
> current as of 1 hour ago; using PHP 4.0.5 on Debian testing. I
> have PEAR installed and the sessions seem to work (at least the
> counter in horde/test.php gets incremented).

The problem was a mismatch between my apache config and the horde config. I  had a virtual host defined like this: (it's on a private network behind a firewall)

<virtualhost 192.168.1.11>
    ServerName horde.at.home
    DocumentRoot /var/local/horde
    alias /horde /var/local/horde
</virtualhost>

Now the trick is to change horde/config/registry.php  The default setting for 'cookie_path' is '/horde', but that should be '/' if the horde directory is the document root. Very obvious, in hindsight...

Now everything is running beautifully and boy is it an IMProvement on 2.2.5! I especially like the filter and search enhancements.

Regards, Peter Fokkinga