[imp] PHP frustrations with IMP install

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:09:09 -0400

Quoting Robin Whittle <rw@firstpr.com.au>:

> Nonetheless, for the benefit of the IMP project, I have put the the
> documentation of my abortive installation attempt on my web site.  It
> contains specific recommendations (in easy-to-spot pink boxes) about how
> I think the IMP documentation can be improved.  The IMP material is
> final section of:

A few minor comments on all this:

1. "Would it be clearer to include the "=" in these directives? " - they aren't
needed; in fact, I don't think they're correct (refering to magic_quotes_gpc
Off, etc). At least with php4.

2. There's an ongoing debate on how much below our level we should document.
You come in on the document-everything side. There are other points of view
that leave the documentation in a state of non-suck. Just be aware of that.

3.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.