[imp] PHP frustrations with IMP install

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:15:16 -0400

> 3.

Woops.

3. A lot of your problems seem to do specifically with rpms. I gave up on rpms
when they let me install a version of login that didn't work with everything
else on my system. I find debian packages and compiling from source _much_
simpler. YMMV.

4. You are probably in the minority when you claim to be more comfortable with
C++ than dealing with IMP.

5. We ditched phplib in the latest version. Boom, things get easier.

6. This is an open source project. It'd be really nice if you submitted patches
to our documentation instead of posting rants in 24-pt red type about how
frustrating it is. Heck, even doing both would be better.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.