[imp] Change Password

Rick Romero rick@valeoinc.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:05:12 -0500

On 20 Aug 2001, at 10:32, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães wrote:

>     Hello Guys,
>
>     I'm using HORDE/IMP for letting my users check their mails
> through our IMAP Server. IMAP and SMTP are using MySQL as backend
> for all user management, that means, no /etc/passwd accounts.
>
>     I was thinking of somehow let users change their password
> through IMP. Reading FAQ, I found that poppassd can be used, but
> it expects passwd accounts. It says something about a PAM-enabled
> version of it ...

Did you say before you were running courier, or just courier-imap?
Are you using qmail for the SMTP server?

>     Can anyone point me some documentation/links/hints of
> configuring PAM-enabled poppassd for changing passwords stored on
> MySQL account ??

In any case, see matt.simerson.net/computing/qmail.toaster.shtml
for some leads on qmail-based user admin.

I've set up a system based on that, and with qmail as the smtp
server, I am able to allow users to use qmailadmin to change their
settings.  The release version only allows the 'postmaster' of the
domain to make changes, so you'll need the latest devel
qmailadmin to allow users to change their own settings.

There might be too much information there, if you have a simple
setup, and just want to change passwords. (ie. no vacation
messsage, forwarding, etc)

Rick