mail attachment problem & SSL !

Taisto Qvist Taisto@IP-Solutions.se
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 22:26:49 +0200

Silly thing but I started writing the mail below when, after
several hours of troubleshooting, I gave up trying to find
the fault by myself...but..just for fun(duh)..I tried something
...and found the CAUSE...SSL!!!...using plain HTTP worked great...
(I thought i checked that hours ago...?)

So now's the question: Why does this happend? And how do i fix
it..have a look below..please?

Extremely happy for any comments.

Regards
Taisto Qvist
IP Solutions.se

-----
Hi folks

Mail Attachments are driving me nuts.
I am testing both IMP and SquirrelMail and get the same
problem. Unable to add attachments, mostly when the file
is large, but quite unpredictable. A collegue has a similar
system WORKING, and I just cant find the missing link...

System is openbsd 2.8-stable
I Have plenty of diskspace, /tmp has rwxrwxrwt-rights
I am using php 4.06 downloaded today, (started with 4.0.3pl1)
Apache/1.3.12 (Unix), imp 2.2.6, mysql  Ver 9.38 Distrib 3.22.32, I'm
am running the webmailsystem over HTTPS... Post-size for apache is
15M
and upload-size in php.ini is 12M

I have seen the exact same problem description, but no solution,
apart from diskspace troubles. (i can se imp creating att.* files in
the /tmp -dir) But when you press "Attach", file uploads, page
refreshes, and no attachment...and body is cleared. Often i am able
add small files as attachements, but when a larger is added(a meg or
so), everything is cleared...:-(

Can someone please tell me what stupid misstake i have done?!?!
It feels it should be quite low-level, since two mailsystems
explode in the same fashion..

These are the following errromsg, when errorlogging turned on.

***IMP Webmail***
PHP Warning:  File Upload Mime headers garbled header3: [ \^M  in
Unknown on line 0

Warning: File Upload Mime headers garbled header3: [ in Unknown on
line 0

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at :15) in /usr/local/phplib/session.inc on line 448

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at :15) in /usr/local/phplib/session.inc on line 449

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at :15) in /usr/local/phplib/session.inc on line 450

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at :15) in
/var/www/htdocs/horde/imp/templates/doctype.inc on line 8

**SquirrelMail**

httpd: PHP Warning:  File Upload Mime headers garbled header3: [ \^M
in Unknown on line 0

httpd: PHP Warning:  Cannot send session cache limiter - headers
already sent (output started at :1) in
/var/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/src/validate.php on line 17

httpd: PHP Warning:  Cannot add header information - headers already
sent by (output started at :1) in
/var/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/functions/page_header.php on line 31

                  \\\\////
                  / ^  ^ \
               (\| (o)(o) |/)
|  Taisto Qvist, IP Solutions AB                                     |
|  Taisto@IP-Solutions.se        JobPhone:   +46-(0)8 615 08 60      |
|or Taisto.Qvist@home.se         Fax:        +46-(0)8 xxxxxxxxx      |
|  http://tcp.ip-solutions.se    Mobile:     +46-(0)708 88 02 63     |
+----------------------Oooo.--------+  Address: Bellmansgatan 30 1tr |
                .oooO  (   )        |           118 47 Stockholm     |
                (   )   ) /         |           Sweden               |