[imp] imp 2.3 session problems. Mixing with old imp 2.2.3 in stall.

Todd Mortensen Todd.Mortensen@veritas.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 23:15:57 -0700

Ok,  this is the wierest part.  If I put in fake user names.  My logs tell
me users are being authenticated.  And if I reload the browser it will
switch between all of the people that currently have the old imp in there
browser checking for newmail each 5 minutes.  I see it login and then
logout.
I just upgraded to the newest imap-wu.

I am going to try and track down how this is possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck@horde.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 2:50 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [imp] imp 2.3 session problems. Mixing with old imp 2.2.3
in stall.

Quoting Todd Mortensen <Todd.Mortensen@veritas.com>:

> I have done further testing have found that imp is not validating the IMAP
> logins correctly and passing me into the mail system.  And showing me the
> current session from my old installation.

I'm still rather confused about what is happening, etc. Have you checked the

logs that your IMAP server keeps? IMP doesn't just randomly authenticate
people...

-chuck

p.s. Do you happen to know Zafrir Gan? If so, ask him for me if he knows
when
the War Memorial starts having open court on Fridays/Sundays, and if he's
going. He'll understand. :)

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.