[imp] filter - applying

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:38:59 -0400

Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

> Hi Chuck, I would love to write a patch for this, but it will conflict
> with the way Sive filtering works.
> I know there is no official Sieve backend currently nor is the filters
> backend configuration modularized so one can plugin another filtering
> delegate.

I think they are fundamentally different enough that it makes sense to try and
have a unified API/interface for server-side filters, and then the IMP client-
side ones for people who either want both or don't have server-side. But I
don't think it makes sense to smoosh the two together.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the