[imp] 237-cvs: Still no folders (was: Re: [imp] IMP 2.3.7: No folders selectable/shown)

Alexander Skwar ASkwar@DigitalProjects.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:06:34 +0200

So sprach »Chuck Hagenbuch« am 2001-09-17 um 15:28:04 -0400 :
> What IMAP server are you using? Where do your folders live?

uw imap 2000c (imap-2000c-7mdk)

"Where do your folders live?"?

What do you mean by that?  My "inbox" (the file where mail would end up
if I wouldn't have a .procmailrc) would be /var/spool/mail/askwar.  But,
in reality, because of the procmailrc, mail apears in
/home/askwar/Mail/2001-09-Mailbox.

> What comes back from the LIST command?

The contents of my HOME directory is listed.

Well, I'd expect IMP to list me all files and directories in my Inbox.
But the directories should *NOT* be expanded right away (I've got about
40.000 files in my home, so listing them all would take QUITE some
bandwith and time - no good).
Now, when I click on a folder, imp should show me the contents of this
folder and it should show me any other folder I previously opened.
However, the "old" folders should be cached.

Does this make sense?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)