[imp] filter - applying

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:44:57 +0200

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:
>
> > "Rules" makes sense to me. Vacation and forward can be displayed depending
> on
> > the backend's capabilities.
> > I'm not sure but there are probably other filter engines that may be
> > supported later if someone writes a driver.
>
> This is the kind of thing that I'd really like to see go into a seperate
> Horde
> application, and not be bloating IMP. The client-side filters are only there
>
> because people really wanted _some_ kind of filtering, and that's the only
> solution that will work for everyone.

Hm, as filtering is so strong bound to imap/email it's probably hard understand
for users why this functionality is placed in another application than imp.

And if we have client side filtering because it works with every configuration,
you'll have to keep it in imp what leeds to even more irritating fact that
you're able to define your filters in actually two places: in and outside of
imp.

Or do you mean we should move the filter stuff completely out of imp?

Jan.