[imp] filter - applying

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:56:12 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:

> And if we have client side filtering because it works with every
> configuration, you'll have to keep it in imp what leeds to even more
> irritating fact that you're able to define your filters in actually two
> places: in and outside of imp.

I don't care how we present it to the user. The prefs system lets you define
links that show up in the UI that point to anywhere. What I mean is that the
server-side filter code doesn't belong inside IMP. The UI will be consistent,
the user doesn't have to know that they've left IMP. But that code shouldn't be
bloating IMP.

> Or do you mean we should move the filter stuff completely out of imp?

The client-side filters should stay.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the