[imp] change from courier-imap to WU-imap=problem

Dan Brown danb35@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:49:12 -0400

> Quoting Dan Brown <danb35@earthlink.net>:
>
> > 	''--the mail folders are in $HOME.  I tried moving them to
> > $HOME/Mail and setting 'folders' to 'Mail/', and that resulted in
> > nothing showing in the drop-down.
>
> That's almost always wrong with maildir servers. I'm not sure how the
> patched UW works, though.

    INBOX is in $HOME/Maildir/.  All other folders are in $HOME.  FWIW...

> > > What folders do other clients show?
> >
> > 	The same ones as in the drop-down, which is all of them.  Other
> > filesystem directories are not shown there.
>
> I was actually hoping you could tell me what the actual folder names
> are. What hierarchy shows up in OE/NN? What shows in the dropdown?

    No hierarchy is really shown in Outlook or OE--they're all folders
under "mail" (the name of the mail account), on the same level.  In OE, Inbox
is listed first and rest alphabetically; in outlook they're straight alpha.
The dropdown lists them like OE, except that INBOX is in all caps in IMP, while
it's "Inbox" in OE:

INBOX
atm
c-r-ffl
ccw
confirmations
courier
Drafts
e-smith
FAL
gallery
horde
Merelewis
Missy
Mooney
Old-Messages
reports
samba
sent-mail
Sent Items (symlink to sent-mail)
Tonga
Trash
vag-com

    Again, Outlook lists Inbox between horde and Merelewis, but otherwise the
same.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, danb35@earthlink.net
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy