[imp] Updating Pear on a RH7.2 system

René Lund Jensen lundeman@tbkol.dk
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:12:38 +0100

> 2) A view of PHP info shows that one of the configure parameters
> was --without-mysql...which I thought was odd, since the Horde test page
> showed MySQL as being supported.

As far as I know MySQL-support is not compiled into the PHP that comes with
RH7.2
You will need additional RPM's to get it to work.

A friend of mine, who used RPM's for this said that he might as well could
have
compiled the whole thing from scratch, insted of finding all the needed
RPM's.

> 3) I've got Horde authenticating via MySQL, and when I try to login, I
> get nothing and am promptly put back at the login page.  I assume this
> is also a PEAR problem.

This is quite logical if PHP haven't got MySQL support...

> So, from reading on the list, it appears that I need an even newer
> version of PEAR.  How can I get just the newer version of PEAR from CVS
> or snapshot?

U usually get the pear from CVS, and just copy it to the directory under php
containing pear.
Here: http://www.php.net/anoncvs.php you can see how to get the latest CVS
version.

(If you are gonna compile PHP from scratch, then get the lates tarball of
PHP,
compile/install it, and the upgrade paer from CVS. Thats what I would do.)

René Jensen